Friday, March 1, 2013

Why I Blog. . .

When I returned to my office after my honeymoon there was a lovely basket sitting on my desk and in the work refrigerator there was a bag labeled "Annie W." and I didn't know who Annie W. was.  After I got married I suddenly had this identity crisis, who was Annie Walker?  And that is why I started this blog, to figure out who I was as a married person.  Shawn and I have been married just over two years now, and while I certainly feel more like my self now as Annie Walker, having a baby has added to that identity crisis.  Becoming Annie Walker is more than just figuring out who I am as a married person, now I add who am I as a mother, as a homemaker? Who am I now that I don't have a job outside the house?

Being a mother, being a stay at home mother, it's hard.  It's isolating at times. It gets boring, frustrating. What I miss most about working is having a community.  Having people to talk to about life. And that's why I blog now, to create my own community, to have a place to talk about life, my life now as a mother, as a wife, as a woman.

2 comments:

  1. And you do a good job of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooray for blogging! keep it up. it's definitely worth doing.

    ReplyDelete